Streamlined Risk Assessment. Personalized Care.
Breast screening is rapidly moving into an era of personalized care guided by risk assessment. Having efficient tools to estimate a patient’s risk of developing cancer helps the care team determine prevention and early detection pathways.
Volpara®Risk™ software delivers objective insight that helps radiologists direct high-risk women to appropriate supplemental screening and testing.
Everything You Need for Risk Assessment
- Expedite patient intake by electronically capturing required data via a comprehensive questionnaire
- Perform risk calculations using multiple models, including Tyrer-Cuzick version 8 model (TC8)
- Inform radiologist reporting with risk information available at the workstation
Unique Benefits for the Breast Care Team
Front Desk Staff
Tablet-based electronic patient history questionnaire allows you to:
- Eliminate paper forms
- Reduce errors from manual data entry
- Maximize staff resources
- Creates consistent, objective risk framework for identifying high-risk patients to aid in early detection
- Provides consolidated access to validated risk models to support supplemental screening recommendations
- Helps transition to a personalized screening program to attract patients and stay competitive
- Provides easy access to risk assessment without having to leave workstation (optional)
- Facilitates incorporation of risk information into procedure reports and patient and medical necessity letters
VolparaRisk in Practice
- Requires Aspen® Breast software to collect and store all patient information to calculate risk scores
- Integrates with Volpara®Scorecard+™ to give radiologists access to risk insights while reading studies
Breast Density in Risk Assessment
Breast density is an independent risk factor for the development of breast cancer and has been demonstrated to add accuracy to the TC8 risk calculation.1,2 Volpara's volumetric breast density (VBD%) is the only automated density assessment validated with the TC8 risk model.
VolparaDensity is FDA cleared to provide both volumetric breast density measurements and a breast density category, shown to correlate to BI-RADS® 4th and 5th Edition density categories, from most digital mammography vendors.
1. Engmann, N.J.; Golmakani, M.K.; Miglioretti, D.L.; Sprague, B.L.; Kerlikowske, K. Population-Attributable Risk Proportion of Clinical Risk Factors for Breast Cancer. JAMA Oncol. 2017.
2. Brentnall, A.R., Harkness, E.F., Astley, S.M. et al. Mammographic density adds accuracy to both the Tyrer-Cuzick and Gail breast cancer risk models in a prospective UK screening cohort. Breast Cancer Res 17, 147 (2015) doi:10.1186/s13058-015-0653-5